Hamilton College Library’s Special Collections: An Overview by Randall Ericson
Communal Societies Collection: New Acquisitions
- [Blinn, Henry C.], compiler. Dew Drops of Wisdom. Canterbury, N.H.: Printed by H. C. Blinn, 1852. 125 p. 41/2 x 3 1/2 cm.
- Castle, E. M. Koreshan Songs. [N.p.: n.d.]. 16 p. 20 cm.
- [Two Shaker Seed Boxes from the New Gloucester, Maine Community]. The wider box: 4” x 24” x 9”. The taller box: 5 1/4” x 14 3/4” x 7 1/4”. Both are pine with applied paper labels, nailed construction and metal hardware (hinges and/or hooks and eyes).
- Cabet, Etiene. Almanach Icarien: astronomique, scientifique, pratique, industriel, statistique, politique et social. Paris: Bureau du populaire, 1842-1852. 14 cm.
- [Photograph, Cabinet Card]. [The Meetinghouse, North Union, Ohio Shaker community]. “North Union Church, Warrensville, O.” (inscription on reverse of mount). Photographer unknown, ca. 1880-1895. 11 1/2 x 17 cm., mounted on board 14 x 19 cm.
- [Manuscript, bound volume]. Journal of the Daily Pro- ceedings in the South Family of Shakers, Albany County, N. Y. Commercial blank book with 197 pages filled, with entries for September 13, 1896 through July 28, 1901. 36 cm.
- Ballou, Adin. Constitution, By-laws and Regulations of Fraternal Community No. 1 Located at Hopedale, Milford, Worcester County, Mass., as Recently Revised and Approved. Hopedale, Milford, Mass.: Community Press, 1846. 16 p. 25 cm.
American Communal Societies Quarterly